Friday, April 8, 2011

What's up at the Pearl?

There has been a lot going on this year at the Pearl. Missed my blogging for some time but trying to get back in gear. I've changed position's at my job so I am away from home a bit more than I use to be. The good thing is that when I am at home I can actually be at home and not have my head buried in a computer (unless I want to blog!). We have been much busy this year but with spring upon us things are really starting to happen. Bub (Davy Crockett Jr.) got some live traps for Christmas last year so he has been trying them out. I hope when school is out he fills the barn wall with critter hides. We have started with the garden and this year got a good early start on onions and taters but have now fallen behind with the rest of the planting. That's next on the list.
I took a few Saturdays to build a chicken house. Once again I got to play with a chainsaw so all was good.
Our steer (Babe) was right there to lend me a hand. It makes a job sooo much easier when everyone pitches in!
My finished product!
Well, not quite. I still need to paint it. It turned out pretty good I think.
And what does every chicken house need???
New chickens. We have 25 new chicks. I am still a free range man so hopefully the new house will help me keep these longer.
The whipper-snappers have a good time with the babies. I just hope they are still this interested when it's time to gather eggs.
Jake is always interested when a new arrival shows up at the place.
Pretty cool pick I thought. Bub took this. Most of his artistic shots were blurry but this one looked pretty cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment