Monday, April 25, 2011

Shop 9 years in the making

I don't currently have a shop w/ a concrete floor. We had a detached 2 car garage when we moved in but decided we needed more living space so we closed it in. Since then car maintenance happens on the grass and shop work in general waits till sunny days. Well I am now finally at least 1/3 of my way to a proper tool shop.
It isn't as big as I would like but we do with what we can.



It will be 16x20.



As readers of my blog know we are not really the hire it done kind of family but I decided that the concrete was something I was willing to pay for.



They came out Friday and formed everything up.



We were excited all day watching what was happening.



I spent the day planning my shop and then re-planning as new ideas came to mind.



I wanted to make sure that I could go 2 stories if I desired to do so.





I also made allowances for water and electric at some point.



Saturday they placed the concrete.



The Mrs. and I sat and had coffee while the work was done. (Don't you just love construction Mimi?)



We are all very excited....



...too bad it will probably take us another year to get the building built.


No matter. I have a concrete surface to work on cars at least.



No comments:

Post a Comment