Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday evening in God's country

This evening God Blessed us with a nice little rain. Not enough to make a mess of anything but enough to do the garden a whole mess of good! The Mrs. and me went walking around the homestead after to check things out (and escape from the whipper-snappers) and we took some cool pics of the pretty pictures God had painted for us. Here is our humble abode with some great looking clouds moving off to the northeast. It was really pleasant and cool out after the showers passed , a nice night to take a stroll with my honey.
Look close and you will see a double rainbow. The Mrs. took this pic and made me promise not to crop it. She was "framing" it. Whatever! It was neat to see a double rainbow. Is that like getting a double helping of God's Grace?

This is the other end of the rainbow over the back pasture. That's Trigger and one of those dang goats.

A little closer of Trigger still with the rainbow. He was heading to me since I had a bucket of sweet feed with his name on it.

This is a shot of garden #1 after the rain. Looks good. I can't wait until we're eating fresh veggies. Especially tomato's. There is no better tomato than a home-grown tomato. Sounds like a song don't it?

This is garden #2. We really got to get in this one with the tiller. All this is is sweet corn, pinto beans and purple-hull peas. We decided to expand the garden this year specifically for the corn.

This is the progress we have made so far on the show barn. The 2x6's will be along the top and bottom of the cattle panels when we're done. The Mrs. had a good idea of putting cedar posts all around the outside. Not really needed but will make it look "pretty". Oh yea, more work! Anything for you sweetie.

While Trigger was eating he let me stand right next to him and he stuck his head in the bucket. Trigger was an abused horse so this is a really big step for him. I'll win him over before I'm done.


2 comments:

  1. Heath, We so enjoy each and every Blog. Please send more on the show barn, it looked great. I also like seeing the grand kids. Can't wait to taste the tomatoes,corn and peas. We also enjoyed the late afternoon rain, we made a fire in the outside fire place as it really cooled off. Love you guys and hope to see you soon. Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous that it not dad's garden, because I always looked forward to the wonderful garden him and mom raised, yours looks simular. The rainbow pictures were awesome and definitely worth framing. I have been eating fresh topsy turvy tomatoes the ones that grow up-side ground, for about 2 weeks, my 6 upside plants are producing more than we can eat, but not enough to can yet. I also have a hanging basket garden and don't know how that will work. Love you all and really enjoy the blog. Hope you are printing each one for the kids later. It will make fond memories albums. Love, Aunt Bev.

    ReplyDelete