Sunday, May 2, 2010

Bovine Section 8 housing moving along

A beautiful Sunday here in the Pearl. What a glorious day! We started the day as most Sundays, at church. After church it was home, choke down a bologna sandwich and back at it getting ready for show steers. Here I pose with Sister. The Mrs. was yelling at me to get out of the picture but I got in one with her. She sure is cute.
Sister is about to go feed the calf. This is what the calf eats...4 times a day. Probably another month and he should be eating all solid foods.

Before we were able to put up cattle panels I had to do some trimming on the posts. Man I love chain saws.
The Mrs. can't understand why I won't let her use the chainsaw. Because it's too much fun.

Nailing the panels to the cedar.

The Mrs. lends a hand. She is my biggest helper. Not afraid to help with anything.

Dang goats!

Bub comes out to help so I put him on poop patrol. My whipper-snappers didn't know animal husbandry would be so much work for them. City kids don't shovel poop. I think it's good for them. They disagree.

Sister posing on top of the truck. She tries to help but tuckers out pretty quick. Sissy was not with us most of the day as she was at an all night sleepover birthday party with some school friends and then had softball practice but she did get to shovel some poop when she got home. Another great day here in Gods Blessing to clan Daniel.


No comments:

Post a Comment