Sunday, July 26, 2009

Saturday around the homestead

This past Saturday was a wonderful summer day at the Daniel spread! Clan Daniel spent the day working around the place, especially the barn that we began a few months ago and had to abandon cause , well, that's what we do around here. We pile more on our plates than we could ever hope to complete and then wonder why we are always so far behind. Does this sound familiar or is it just us?Here Bub and me work to put the side horizontal members on. Jake oversees all operations.

Here you see me (the only one that actually worked) taking a break while the girls and the goats mill about.

Not exactly sure what Jake was trying to accomplish here. Either he thinks I am doing something wrong or he is trying to get me to move faster. Not sure.


You can see that I faced many obstacles throughout the day, both 2 legged and 4. Wouldn't trade it for the world.




This is where we left off at the end of the day. It's progress. It's slow, but it's progress.




The kids do have a great time with the animals. The horses are lots of fun but I think the kids get more of a kick out of the goats than anything. They are such a blast. Very playful, animated and loving. I wish we had gotten them years ago.


Sister loves Sam!

Sissy loving on Lucy and Bub petting Jake.

Here I am certain that Lucy (goat on ground), Ethyl (goat on top of work area), and Jake (horse) are discussing who has previous saw knowledge.










Had to put some pics of my favorite place in the world. This is Sister eating breakfast on the porch.








I recently painted our rockers.







Never, and I mean never, have I loved a place as much as this. I just wish that it wasn't quite so hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment