Saturday, June 6, 2009

























No special reason for this pick. Just wanted everyone to see what happens when you are convicted of killing chickens. Bo now resides primarily indoors with his own personal guard (sister). Today, he is dressed as a cheerleader. Bet he wishes he'd have left that chicken alone.

I was thinking (actually I was griping) today about how much work needs to be done around here and how I have no time to get any of it done. Every Saturday I get up, have coffee on the front porch (my absolute favorite place in the world) with the Mrs. , then begin whatever project must absolutely be done that day and cannot be put off one more weekend. It seems that whatever project I feel I can accomplish in a single day actually takes 3 days to do and then it turns out nothing like I expected it to. I do realize (and you will to) that I am an unbelievably flawed creature who God is still working on. I am extremely grateful to God's (and the Mrs.) patience with me. I have to continually remind myself that God has truly blessed this family in so many ways and daily shows himself to me in a new way. It is very hard to stop worrying what "the Joneses" are up to and learn to be content with our blessings. We have a beautiful home, the 3 greatest kids anyone could ever ask for, a job that provides all 5 of us with all we need and a good deal of what we want, and the best bunch of friends and family anyone could ever ask for. God is good...all the time.

Well, I guess I will get back up now, head to the barn that God has provided, and finish that chicken coup that I thought I was finished with that none of the chickens will use. Thanks Mimi & Papa for the phone call, it was just what I needed just when I needed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment