Sunday, June 28, 2009

It's been awhile...

There has been so much going on around the homestead with clan Daniel, summer has hit us full force. I had left off with an update of Bub and my week at RA camp. While we were at RA camp the Mrs. and sissy were at GA camp. Fortunately they are both at the same place. The reports are that all had a wonderful time. Sissy and a friend from school/church at camp. They are wearing shirts that have a school tie in. The girls have stuff like school spirit day where all wear shirts with school motto's/mascot etc. on them. Boys don't do this sort of thing. Funny the differences.
The girls do a lot of the same things that the boys did and above the Mrs. shows her angling skills. She had every girl at camp kissing their fish before returning them to the water. I guess she is used to kissing strange looking things!
All the girls at camp got a camp shirt (pink camo - see above) and they all wore them on Thursday. Walking into the canteen and seeing them all was quite a site.
Sissy also got the chance to ride the zip line and thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

She also agreed that the scariest part was the climb up.
It is safe to say that both Mother and Daughter had a fun-filled week and really enjoyed their camping experience.
My beautiful girl!
Now on to this weekend. Here you see the kids spent their Saturday at the Lakeview camp swimming, playing in the pool, playing in the lake, even enjoying a great fireworks show. The Mrs. had the chance to go to a women's quarterly dinner and preparing for VBS (which began tonight). What did I get to do you ask? How did I spend my Saturday? I had great fun. I started working on the truck at 6:30 AM and finished up at 9:30 PM. What a day! And it always happens when you least expect it. New brake pads, 2 new rotors, 2 new calipers, re-pack the bearings. Fun stuff! Well, at least I saved a bunch of cash. Turning wrenches is just not my favorite thing in the world.
These are Bubs and Sissy's 2 steers. They are in 4-H this year and will be showing steers. I forget what they named them, I think T-Bone and Rib-Eye are good names, but I did not get a say.

This is what is fast becoming my favorite pastime. I love messing with the horses. Never have enough time though.
Here I am trying to catch Trigger so I can put some medicine on him. He and the Mrs. have the same problem...allergies (you were thinking me right?).











No comments:

Post a Comment