Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The tree incident

My life is full of should offs, could offs and would offs. This had the potential to be the single greatest post my little blog has ever seen. I also had the potential of winning $10,000.00 and being on T.V. I also had the potential to kill myself with a large portion of my immediate family in attendance. We at Bakersfield, from time to time, need a branch cut out of our way. This particular branch was not particularly in our way but it did have a rather unpleasing aesthetic quality to it so...

Papa and I decided that we would remove said limb from our little slice of heaven. We enlisted the help of BIL for the task and went at the job with vigor and much male bravado.

Notice above Papa's role in our little play. He is to keep said limb from crashing into clan Daniels home away from home.

BIL on the other hand is to hold the ladder good and steady as I wield the chainsaw above my head. Now this may look foolish to those reading my little blog, and all the women in attendance were vocalizing that very thought at the time, but did we listen?

The good news is no one was seriously injured. The aesthetically unpleasing limb is no more. My camper is fine. I had the ability to teach my children the importance of chainsaw and ladder safety in a somewhat "hands-on" approach. I now realize that I do have, at age 42, the ability to get up after a fall from about 15 feet while avoiding a falling chainsaw. I also learned what Moe from the 3 Stooges must have felt like working with Larry and Curly.
The bad news is our video camera had a dead battery so the Mrs. was unable to film the entire event even though she had the foresight (and 17 years of wedded bliss to me experience) to attempt filming expecting that an America's Funniest Home Video's moment would soon break out.
Better luck next time!



1 comment:

  1. Lovin the blog, but the boy is complaining there is no post about the "Buddy Burners"!!!

    ReplyDelete