Monday, December 6, 2010

A Thanksgiving post

As we do each and every year, clan Daniel spent another wonderful Thanksgiving holiday at Mimi and Papa's farm in beautiful east Texas. My next few posts will be of what we did the week that we were all there. The usual cast of characters were in attendance, the clan, Nannie and Mimi and Papa. We were joined this year by my pesky sister-in-law and her husband all the way from Colorado. We had a great week and had many adventures and ate way too much food. I can't begin to describe how Blessed we are to have a place like Bakersfield to go and the ability to be with our family for such a wonderful visit. When I was a kid I had a great-uncle (my grandmothers little brother) who lived in Faulk Arkansas. For any 1970's "B" movie fans you may remember the movie, "The Legend of Boggy Creek" about a Bigfoot type creature sighted in that area. When my uncle would come and visit us I would always ask him if he had seen it he would always assure me that he had seen it many times and I would hang on every word. Anyway, when I was 10 or 11 years old we went to his house for the first time and he had a sit-n-spin tied to tree like a tire swing. I played on that thing all day and got as sick as a dog.

So this year I decided to rig one up for the whipper-snappers. We had it tied to a large red oak tree with a lot of space for swinging.

You can go back and forth like a swing or around in a circle.

I think the kids got a kick out of it.

I know I did!



1 comment:

  1. As always your post are interesting and funny and very you. I love reading them and seeing the kids grow and learn. Keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete