Monday, December 6, 2010

In-laws

My sister-in-law gave us all a new family member last year for Christmas. He's my new brother-in-law , blog name Bil. He's from the west coast. He rides motorcycles and makes chain-mail and fights in battles as a knight. Then he falls in love and gets married and he's got this redneck brother-in-law. So they come to Texas for Thanksgiving and I take him deer hunting and the lucky sucker gets a 7 point deer in his first 3 hours of hunting in his life! A 7 point! This by the way is the same deer Bub didn't take a shot at a couple of weeks ago. Bub could have gone with me that morning but chose to sleep in, what a goober!

So I figure if he's this lucky than he can do all the work cleaning it as well.

I was pretty impressed, he didn't get sick or nothing. He was right there the whole time. After I showed him how to skin the deer he was off and running with little assistance.


The funny thing is everybody seemed pretty shocked that I let him take the shot at all. Guess they figured he should start on something a little smaller it being his first time out and all. Papa said I ruined him getting such a good deer his first time out.


Enjoy it while you can Bil, it's cull bucks or does for you from now on!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment