Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving post #5

I finally have held my right arm in the air just right and got a signal. This post is from Thanksgiving. More specifically , Thanksgiving morning. Bub got his first deer!!!
Warning*** Graphic pics of deer being processed ***
Thanksgiving morning was the first morning (of 4 days) that we could shoot does.
So Bub spots one under the feeder at about 9:00am takes aim, pulls the trigger and drops him!

We both assumed a doe but when we got close, low and behold, it was a spike! The boy got his first buck!

He and I were both terribly excited, high-fiving each other in the stand!

It was quite an exciting day for the both of us.

I am sure it is a day he will remember for a lifetime.

His Papa told him of the first deer he killed when he was 13. Bub beat him by 2 years!


Beat me by a lot more than that.

Hopefully he will learn the whole cleaning and processing part so Dad can hand that over to him.


Third deer to process in 2 weeks. I could use the help. I better not complain as this has been by far our most productive hunting season since we have been hunting here.


Still, it doesn't make this part any more pleasant.

You know though, it's a part of life. God gave us these animals for food, tools, clothes, many other things. I am giving my son an ability that is being lost by a large section of society. How many people are able to go out, gather their food, and prepare it for consumption?

I hope that the day comes that he is teaching his son these same things.


No comments:

Post a Comment