Monday, February 4, 2013

Been gone a while...

Well, it's been a long while since I've blogged. I have a lot of pics I want to put up. Probably more than I have time to write about so I may do a blog post with just pictures shortly. Life sometimes has a tendency of getting in the way of what we want to do and unfortunately it has gotten in the way of "Life in the Pearl" for far too long. We will see if I can remedy that this year. I may modify my posts with less pics and more writing at times and then some posts may be all pics and little writing. Journaling my families adventures is something I really want to do so I will work harder in making this a priority.                                                                       
 When I last posted I mentioned the shop I was going to build so I wanted to pick back up with that. This was another chance for Papa and myself to work together and also a chance for Bub to get some building experience.
 The slab was already poured so we started with the walls.
 That's a great look ain't it? This was Memorial day weekend and it's hot in the Pearl.
 All walls and ceiling joists in place day one. Not bad.
 We were sure tired and chasing that shade.
 The next day we started on the rafters.
 Bub thought this great fun.
 Oops, kinda out of order.
 OK, so I'm a little rusty. You get the idea.


 This is end of day two, or maybe three, I forget.
 Then shingles and windows.




 Anyway, you get the gist of it. I'm still not completely done but I'm getting close. Like I said before, life gets in the way sometimes.
Needless to say, we were very pleased with ourselves. It's a great time to be with family and pass knowledge down from one generation to another.

No comments:

Post a Comment