Monday, March 29, 2010

New addition to the homestead

Meet Babe. Babe is the newest addition to the homestead. He is 2 week old bull calf who was orphaned.
His owner (above) didn't want to bottle feed him so he donated it to clan Daniel. Knowing full well my beauties would be more than happy to help out.

Sissy was so excited to start mommy-ing that bull that she forgot to put on shoes.


Wait. I forgot. The whipper-snappers never wear shoes around here.

Now we are "planning on feeding this thing out and selling it or possibly even feed it out and put it in the freezer. How do you think that's gonna work out?

He's a cute sucker though. I bet he will be real cute next to a baked potato.

Look at my girls. They are beautiful!

I am gonna be in so much trouble one of these days.

I think Sister is already in love.


The girls are gonna love this calf too much I think.



How many kids are raised like this any more? I think the whipper-snappers are getting a really neat experience that I hope they remember for the rest of their life. I hope that they can pass a love of God's creations on for many generations to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment