Thursday, October 29, 2009

What a life!

Hello to all. It has been a long stretch between blogs yet again. As I stated in previous posts we are very busy right now. Football is still going strong since Bub's team made the playoffs. We will have our first of potentially 3 playoff games beginning this Saturday. This is cutting in to deer season. He and I were supposed to go hunting this weekend (youth weekend) but we had to cancel because of the game. Sissy is showing her and Bub's steers this Saturday at a show in Clifton, so for the first time (we knew it would happen sooner or later) the Mrs. and I are splitting up this weekend to cover all events. We are even employing the help of Nannie to help watch Sister. Life seems so busy and at times I wish we could slow down and maybe pull out of some commitments, but I think that we all find a lot of joy in most that we do. The Mrs. is still writing our local paper and after some changes to the process it seems to be working out. There was a time that I thought she would quit because of the time commitment but she was able to work out something with the publisher and has knocked 10 to 15 hours out of her paper commitment. I am still pulling my hair out at my job (not too much left - why did I ever get into management) and trying to stay as involved with the kids comings and goings as possible. Recently I was asked to serve on a committee at church to write a church constitution and by-laws. I know! Sounds dreadful doesn't it? As it turns out I am having a blast! It is very enjoyable pouring over your beliefs and really defining where you stand on certain things. Who would have thunk it? I hope to have pics up this weekend about some of the activities we are into. I will try. I promise. At least of the steer show and maybe the playoff game. I would like to take some pics around the home site but it has been raining so much of late that the place just looks terrible. Our septic tank and lateral lines are so full that we have to wait several hours after a rain to use it. Yuck! Well, I'm off now to the title company to re-finance the house. 15 years at 4.35% fixed! We're knocking 8 years off our payments! Anyway, gotta go!

No comments:

Post a Comment