Friday, October 30, 2009

What a day!

Well , a fine day this 30Th day of October has turned out to be. A very low key day of work. Worked late actually, then headed home to one sick child and two who have very busy days tomorrow. Today was my 41st birthday. The really cool thing about it was that it was my first birthday since my discovery of Facebook. Facebook is an amazing little tool to keep up with extended family, old childhood friends, or anyone else you have ever spent more than 30 seconds with. I heard from over 80 people today. That's pretty amazing. I didn't know that I knew that many folks. It really makes you feel pretty good that so many people are willing to take some time out of their day to wish you greetings on your birthday. Thank you to all my Facebook friends and everyone else who contacted me in other ways for an interesting day. I enjoyed it. I also wanted to pass on a blessing that we received this week. We re-financed our house from a 30 year to a 15 year mortgage knocking 8 years off how long we will have to pay on the house, dropped our APR from 6.5% to 4.35% lowering our payments 6 dollars a month. We were also able to drop PMI and we will not have to make a house payment until 2010. God really poured it on with this one. We are very happy. I have been writing a lot lately about how busy clan Daniel has been and tomorrow is no exception. I wanted to post a few pics of what we've been up to prior to what I hope will be a busy posting day Saturday or Sunday. The Mrs. and I will be splitting the kids tomorrow. The Mrs. will be taking Sissy to show her steer (and Bub's too) at a show in Clifton. Nannie and Sister were supposed to go with them but Sister came down with the flu, so they will be staying behind at the homestead.This will be her first show so we are very excited to see what happens. I really wish I could be there. The kids have been working hard but there will be more to come. Ft. Worth, Houston, and possibly San Antonio are all ahead as well as some more small shows. Bub has his first playoff game tomorrow. We are playing a team that we beat rather soundly during the regular season so we should do well. Then of course tomorrow night is Halloween. In the Pearl this means trick-or-treating. They are serious around here about this and the streets will be packed with kids and parents searching for candy. I will try for some pics of that as well. It's really old school.
Thought you might like to see some pics of Butch to see how he's growing. Our goat, Lucy, has developed a bad habit of sticking her head through the fence and getting stuck. Butch loves this. She can't get away from his chewing and licking. Here he is chewing on one of her horns.

Apparently he feels she needs a bath. She looks happy don't she?
Here Butch decides on ear chewing. He's not lightly nibbling here, he's going after it. I hope Lucy figures out soon that the grass ain't always greener on the other side.

Bub walking his steer. I wish he could show this weekend as well but it's not meant to be.

Sissy is REALLY into this show cattle thing! I think she knows what happens after you sale them? I'm pretty sure we told her.

Bub lets Sister help on the grooming end. Good Bubba!

Sister's not quite ready for steers but she handles snakes with no problem. Good snake girl!

These next two are not pics of what we're doing but of what we've done. These are from our homecoming parade here in the Pearl. I just liked them because they are so "small town".


Blessed by God again to be placed in this great community.

Finally, sunset in the Pearl. God is good, all the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment